Compensation: 130 -150K salary year per hour plus full benefits, 401K etc.
Schedule: Five days, minimum of 40-50 hours work week, Fully flexible schedule with nights, weekends, and holidays available as needed.
New York based UHNW family seeks a hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy Butler/Houseman. The successful candidate will have, among other characteristics, immaculate greeting skills, excellent cleanliness standards, organizational skills, and the ability to work with others. Attention to detail, prioritization, and time management skills are important as are flexibility, honesty, reliability. This is a salaried position with a minimum of 40-50 hours per week including weekends and some holidays. The Butler/Houseman will report to the Estate Manager, and work closely with, the Leadership Team, as well as directly with the Principals and their guests.
• Assist the chef with meal preparation, setting and serving for family and guests.
• Prepare wine and drink service with proper etiquette, while keeping up to date with new trends.
• Assist staff with kitchen clean-up.
• Assisting staff with shopping, deliveries, and errands.
• Assist with car maintenance and driving, if needed.
• Complete wine inventory and cigar maintenance.
• Ensure that Butler Pantry and silver are maintained in an impeccable order.
• Attend to cellar and bar service and cleanliness.
• Greet family and guests with a warm welcome upon arrival.
• Assist with pet service (i.e., walking, feeding, and going to the vet)
• Assist with Pool and Cabana set-up and service.
• Act as eyes and ears for the Estate Manager when he is away.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize using critical judgement skills.
• Assist with heavy lifting for in-house and special cleaning.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have at least 5 years of experience working as a Butler/Houseman for a high-profile employer always ensuring 5-star service.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
• Knowledge of cleaning products and their application/use on museum quality furniture and various surfaces.
• Knowledge of caring for fine items within the Butler Pantry.
• Ability to drive.
• Ambitious and hard-working; goes the extra mile.
• Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong sense of urgency, sensitive to adhering to deadlines.
• Able to balance and accommodate shifting priorities in schedules, demands and requirements.
• Trustworthy and discrete, specifically as relates to confidential business and family information.
• Reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Exhibits positive attitude.
• Given regular daily interaction with staff and others, highly personable, diplomatic, respectful, cooperative, adaptable, and poised.