Compensation: $26-30 per hour, plus OT and full benefits and 401K.
Schedule: Five days, 40-50 hours/week, that requires some overnight stays, working weekends and Bank Holidays
A formal fully staffed home is looking for highly energetic, efficient and capable housekeepers to join their staff and help take care of their fine home. Need someone who is service oriented, with an easy going personality, gets along with others and a team player.
Duties include but are not limited to: Daily cleaning, washing, mopping, dusting, polishing…Keeping track of inventories, Laundry / Ironing, Cooking / assisting the chef- Taking on Kitchen Duties on Chef’s days off. Serving meals. Running errands, driving family members as needed. Occasional child supervision. Daily pick up of mail and distribution. Receiving packages and maintaining delivery log. Acting a s a gatekeeper and Greeting family and guests upon arrival.
Someone who has worked for HNW employer and can ensure 5-star service at all times. Knowledge of cleaning products and their application/use on museum quality furniture and various surfaces. Knowledge of caring for fine garments: hand-washing, ironing, steam-pressing, stain removal. Able to prepare simple meals. Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service. Planning and organizational skills for closets, cabinets and other storage spaces. Problem solving skills for productive and cost/time efficient completion of duties. Accountability and ownership of assigned responsibilities. The position occasionally requires cleaning and maintenance of family’s NYC apartment (on as needed basis).
• Must be legal to work in the US.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and setting.
• Must have stellar and verifiable references.
• Must be willing to undergo an extensive and thorough background check.
• Must be fluent in English and a good communicator.
• Must have efficient multitasking and organizational skills, and keen attention to detail.
• Must be able to follow instructions to a T and be a team player